Sunday, March 18, 2012

Holiday Recap: An Irish NYE

New Year's Eve in Ireland

***
I've been in a different country for every holiday since I moved overseas.
Thanksgiving in Denmark. Christmas in Spain. NYE in Ireland. 
Valentines in Nepal. St. Patrick's in Norway. 

Sarah and I have tickets for a birthday in Switzerland.
We expect to be home in time for Independence Day in the USA.
***
Jake, Michael and I spent the last few days of 2011 in Ireland.


It was a wild, lovely adventure. 
But that's another story.

NYE 2011: 
I caught a bus from Galway to Dublin 
with half combed out dreadlocks (also, another story)


Wandered into Temple Bar and cozied up in a pub with a pint of Irish cider.


Mandolin. Guiness. Happy. Dancing in the street. Thick greasy fries.


Such a good night.
Thank you, Dublin.

No comments: